My Way Driving School
John Hewlett Grade 6 DVSA ADI (car) No 208044
My Way Driving School
131 Mount Ambrose
01209 21 15 67 – 07766 22 46 42
Code of Practice Terms and Conditions
- My aim as your Driving Instructor is to support you the client at all times to achieve the learning outcomes as required by the DVSA, as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- To conduct myself in a Professional manner at all times, as per the DVSA standards code.
- Avoid any behaviour which encourages a physical or emotionally dependent relationship to develop with you the client.
- Take immediate steps to end a training agreement where I believe the client has developed an inappropriate attitude to the learning relationship.
- Avoid physical contact with a client except in a safety critical event to keep car out of potential or actual danger ( example generally is a steering correction, or gear selection)
- Not make any contact with a client by phone, text, email or any other means, other than when there is a need to manage training appointments or for Theory Test Pro info.
- Advise the actual price and length of lessons prior to start of Training.
- The fees and conditions for the use of a vehicle for any practical Test with the DVSA (prices variable dependant on time and length of use of School car)
- If you are not satisfied with the Training what is refundable by mutual agreement (normally what has been paid in advance minus an administration charge of £20)
- To give guidance on the most appropriate time to take your Theory test normally within 10 to 15 hours commencing on road lessons
- To give guidance on the most appropriate time to take your Practical Tests taking into account local waiting times within the Redruth and surrounding areas.
- To make sure YOU let me know when and what time your test is booked for
- To arrange School car on the day of the Test.
- Make sure you the client are reminded to have your provisional driving license so you can take the DVSA test
- That you the client is prepared to allow a DVSA Supervising Examiner to accompany you on the test if needed (seldom done in practice, it is to check the DVSA Examiner’s standards)
- To make sure you have time to cancel test within the cut of period (5days) if you are not ready
- You are able to take the DVSA practical test in your own car,(but not recommended)
- Lessons, I normally try to reach my clients 5 minutes before commencing the lesson, this gives a chance to recap and set the aims and objectives for the lesson.
- You must give 24hours notice to cancel a lesson, or a charge will be made
- Extenuating circumstances may cause a lesson to be cancelled in which case no charge will be made.
- If you are going to be late send me text, longer delayed than 10 minutes with no reason…no lesson and you will be charged.
- Lastly:You must satisfy me your Instructor that you are safe to drive independent of any verbal input for a minimum period of time (25 minutes) before attempting the DVSA practical driving test before the 5 day cut off period, failure to do so you will loose your fee.